JULY 24, 2022 – SEVENTEENTH SUNDAY
• We celebrate today’s Sunday as the World Day of the Elderly. This year, Pope Francis emphasizes the importance of inviting older people to contribute to building a better world. The motto and theme that the Pope chose is “They will bear fruit
and in old age” from the Book of Psalms (91:15). Let us not forget in our prayers and concerns the elderly in our families and surroundings.
• On July 25, Monday, we celebrate the day of St. James the Apostle. On the same day, we commemorate Saint Christopher, who is the patron saint of travelers and the drivers. After the evening liturgy, the cars will be consecrated.
• On July 26, Tuesday, we commemorate Saints Joachim and Anna.
• On July 29, Friday, we celebrate St. Martha.
• We cordially invite you to the summer session of the Christian Life School and evangelization “Our Lady of Nazareth, Mother of the Church”, where you will have the opportunity to experience ten days filled with prayers, exciting topics, sharing, music and joy. School will be held from August 3 to 13 at the “Prima S” hotel, in the Uzana area in Stara Planina, near the town of Gabrovo. A special program has been prepared for the youth aged 12 to 17 years. More information can be found on the board in front of the church.
• We extend a special invitation to young people over 14 years of age for participation in the traditional summer International Christian Festival in Belozem, which this year will be held from August 22 to 26, under the motto “The Tree of Life”, drawing inspiration from the Bible, who we are and what we strive for. Between the tree of knowledge in paradise and the cross of Calvary are the answers to many of our questions and searches. During the festival we foresee devotions, conferences, workshops, dances, songs, group meetings and participation in concerts. Welcome!