SEPTEMBER 11, 2022 – SUNDAY XXIV
– On September 13, Tuesday, we commemorate the memory of Saint John Chrysostom, bishop and church teacher.
– On September 14, Wednesday, we celebrate the Feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross. On this day, at the request of the bishops, we will pray for peace, justice and human dignity in Ukraine in a special way. Adoration of the Holy Communion in our church will be held after the morning liturgy until the evening liturgy (from 8.30 to 6.00 pm) and after the evening liturgy from 6.30 to 8.00 pm.
– September 15, Thursday, is the commemoration of the Sorrowful Mother of God.
– On September 16, Friday, we commemorate St. Cornelius, pope and martyr and Saint Cyprian, bishop and martyr.
– On September 17, Saturday, the Franciscan family solemnly commemorates the stigmatization of Saint Francis of Assisi. The saint, being a faithful imitator of the Crucified, in 1224 on Mount Alverno during received the Lord’s wounds at a prayer meeting.
– On this day, September 17, we also celebrate the holiday of our capital city of Sofia. In this regard, European Heritage Days will be held on Saturday and Sunday, in which our co-cathedral “St. Joseph” will be included as an object of great cultural and religious significance in Bulgaria. For all who wish to visit our church, for guests from the country and abroad the doors of the Church are open as every day from 7.30 am to 7.00 pm.
– We wish all students, parents and teachers a blessed, successful and fruitful school year, filled with much joy and enthusiasm, striving for new knowledge, creative inspiration and excellent performances and results! The children’s creed in our parish will begin on Sunday, October 2nd.