OCTOBER 17, 2021
– On this day with a solemn Liturgy, celebrated from 5.00 pm in Plovdiv by the bishops of our country together with the priests, the consecrated and the faithful begins the diocesan phase of the synod, which is entitled: “For a Synodal Church: Communion, Participation and Mission.” In our parish in connection with the synod we offer you the first synodal meeting on Saturday October 30th from 3.00 pm. Let’s listen to the inspirations of the Holy Spirit, what He wants for our community here in Sofia.
– On Monday, October 18, we celebrate St. Luke the Evangelist.
– On Tuesday, October 19, we commemorate St. Peter of Alcantara, a Franciscan, and St. Paul of the Cross, founder of the Passionist Fathers.
– On Friday, October 22, we commemorate Pope John Paul II – the patron saint of families. On the occasion of this remembrance, after the evening Liturgy at 6 pm, we will hold a devotion with litanies, during which we will pray for the families.
– On Saturday, October 23, the Franciscan family commemorates St. Ivan Capistran – a monk. On this day from 10.00 in hall number 3 we cordially invite you to the next session of the Dominican school, on the topic: How to think about morality. Lecturer will be Fr. Dr. Robert Plych OP.
– Next Sunday, October 24, we celebrate World Day of the missions. Let us not only remember the missionaries in our prayers, but also help materially – the discus collected on this day will be intended precisely for the missionary work in the Church.
– In connection with the upcoming holidays, we inform that the procession at the cemetery will be held on Sunday, October 31 from 14.30. The day we remember all our deceased brothers and sisters, on Tuesday, November 2, we will celebrate an additional Holy Eucharist in the chapel of the Central Sofia Cemetery from 10.30 am you heartily write down the names of your deceased loved ones so that we can pray for them at that time. To the entrance at our temple you will find a specially prepared box in which you can leave them together with the donations.
– A catechism for adults who wish to deepen their knowledge of the teachings of the Church, we hold every Friday from 19:00.
– The month of October is dedicated to the Virgin Mary and the Holy Rosary. Devotion is traditionally celebrated every day before the evening liturgy.